Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday School

Good morning! This is Michael. Since Jane started blogging, I thought it'd be fun if I would start a blog too. But Jane thinks that blogging is just for girls. I tried to convince her that Bruce Aschliman has a blog and you don't get any more masculine than Bruce, but to no avail. So, we compromised. I will write a special feature of Soli Deo Gloria called "Mondays with Michael". Some weeks it may be spiritual, some weeks it may be humorous. Sometimes I may talk about sports, sometimes I may talk about goats. Basically, I will write about whatever I want, because it's my post. Yeah, right. Actually, I will write about whatever Jane wants me to write about. :)

Sunday School
As you may know, I was put in as a Sunday School teacher for the 3rd grade boys. I'm teaching with Brady Kaehr. Last Sunday was my first day in the class. Our classroom is at the end of the hallway upstairs. We start out in the Sunday School room in the basement and sing 3 songs, have some opening comments and a prayer, and then head up to our classroom. As Brady and I were walking up, he told me that the kids always make it up there before us. When we got to our room, Brady opened the door and I followed him inside. As he walked in, he announced "Ok, kids, we have a new teacher." Because I had just walked in, I didn't have my bearings yet, so I'm not sure who said this, but one of the kids piped up and said, "Oh, no. I was afraid it was him!" This could be an interesting 3 years!
Make it a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! "Mondays with Michael"! I told Jane this was a great idea - you are a good writer! Oh, and don't worry...there are plenty of men with blogs!

    Oh, kids! They are always so blunt! Good thing you didn't catch which kiddo said that - it may have taken a while to forgive :)

    I'm sure you'll have plenty more Sunday School stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think "Mondays with Michael" is a great idea! You guys are such a great couple:) And I know you will be a great Sunday School teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, You are a hit, honey! People never comment this quick when I post! They will just wait by their computers until Monday rolls around to see, "What will he think of next?!" I love you! J

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya, manly man!!!!!!!!!!! we dont mess around hey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry Michael, it's good when they're a little scared of you at first. :) I'm sure you will be a great Sunday School teacher!

    ReplyDelete