Thursday, January 22, 2009

My freezer is now full!

"If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!"






Phew!




Today, we had a 'meal day'. A meal day is where you get together with some girls and you each bring all the ingredients to make as many meals as there are ladies. It is a blessed time being able to fellowship with girls, have fun, and be encouraged, and yet get something accomplished too! It was especially enjoyable because I had a break from my 'little dipper' (thanks, Mom!). So today I went home with 6 different meals that I could put in my freezer and pull out on a rainy day.






It was held at Jessica's this time and when I got there she was wearing her apron (THE apron she got from the Bible study party, the one she 'stole' from Adrianne, remember girls?, [it looked really good on her by the way] ) and of course I had brought my apron, so I said all those girls who don't bring an apron must pay a penalty, so we took a picture of all of us in our 'aprons'!
What a wonderful time! Let me know when you all want to do it again!!

5 comments:

  1. You actually let Sarah in the kitchen? The cat is out of the bag now, now we know she can cook! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane- thanks again for planning this exciting event! I had a blast - and can't wait to try my pizza!

    Jamie - the funny thing is - Sarah is a VERY good cook. She made an amazing chicken tortilla soup. It looked and smelled wonderful! So...what I am saying is that she may not always enjoy it, but she is very good at it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had tons of fun, girls! Thanks for planning, Jane! Thanks for offering your kitchen, Jess! I love you girls and I am excited to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the vote of confidence (and the good laugh), Jamie.

    Great post, Jane...it was such a fun day! But, I was wondering...do I HAVE TO wait until a rainy day to pull out a meal?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, Jane! I have to suggest it to my girl friends up here in Michigan.

    By the way, I don't have a baby yet, but I do have a dog, and I personally think THE DOGS tipped Deacon's lunch over. I once walked into my kitchen 10 minutes after pulling a loaf of chocolate-chip-banana-bread out of the oven to find it completely gone from the counter. I looked down and saw Ike licking his lips and looking guilty over a crumpled ball of aluminum foil. here's no mistaking a dog's guilty look!

    ReplyDelete