Sunday, January 25, 2009

How much is that Doggy in the Window?

Mondays with Michael 1.3



Well, one day last week, I went out to the barn to check on the puppies and this is what I discovered:









Nine adorable puppies...and one ugly barn cat named Sampson. Sampson might be the ugliest cat in the barn, but he's also the oldest and I'm convinced, the smartest. He knew where to go to stay warm!













Speaking of the puppies, we brought them into the house to get their baby pictures taken.

Baby Boy #1



Baby Boy #2



Baby Boy #3



Baby Girl #1



Baby Girl #2


Baby Girl #3




Baby Girl #4



Baby Girl #5


Baby Girl #6





I think I've convinced Jane to let us keep one, now we just need to decide which one to keep. That means that in a few weeks, we will have 8 puppies available. These aren't just any puppies though. They are a rare breed of "designer dog." They are 1/4 English Shephard, 1/4 Border Collie, 1/2 Amish neighbor lab-mix. You can't find this specialty hybrid at your local pet store. Only a few qualified breeders in the Unites States can breed puppies with that kind of pedigree. We expect them to go quickly, so reserve your puppy today! One of these puppies can be yours for just 12 easy payments of $49.95!
Make it a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Love the intense advertising, Michael! They DO sound like one-of-a-kind puppies.

    I am glad Jane is letting you keep one - Deacon will love that this summer!

    Thanks for 'Mondays with Michael' - very enjoyable!

    Sarah (K)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to keep one, that's great! You can train this special breed to be a great Goat dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I have said for sure that we could keep one, but I started to get very attatched during the photo-shoot (Baby girl #2 was really snuggling up to me . . .) We will just have to wait and see:) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had puppies born on Deacon's actual birth day! The mom is 1/2 border collie and 1/2 australian shepherd. The dad was...a stray cute black and brown dog! In the ad we put "Border collie mix puppies. $50 each." Let me tell you, we got 2 people to pay $50 and 1 person to pay $30 and gave 2 away. Todd's aunt is a dog breeder and she said to sell for at least 50 smacks b/c no one wants a free pup. It worked! Need anymore tips, let me know!;)

    Jessica (T)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a crew you have....so cute and yet so unattainable because of their "priceless" cost...so I guess we will be content with our ONE dog...if you keep one, boy or girl?... what color?.. so many decisions....isn't this snow great? it sure cheers up the "brown" landscape...I hope Michael didn't need to take his moped to work today....by the way I was looking at pictures from 2008...what a journey you and michael and deacon have embarked on....I am so thankful for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, Michael it was tempting....for only a second - then I remembered I don't like dogs... sorry...but thanks for still being my friend even though I don't like your furry friends... :) Jessica (n)

    ReplyDelete