Saturday, January 17, 2009

"The Girls"

I decided it was time to do a post on 'the girls'.

These girls that I refer to are our dogs. Before Deacon, they were our children. Our friends would talk about their human children, and we would talk about our dogs. Once when we were having a conversation about disciplining, I piped up and said, "Well, I just read the other day that you are supposed to hurt their feelings and that will get the point across." They all just looked at me awkwardly, and the more I thought about it, I said, "You know what, I think that was about disciplining your dogs." Glad we got that cleared up!

Birdie Bernice is the oldest and tends to be a little bit more grumpy and melancholy.

Nina Bonita is the second born and at times is full of energy, running and jumping all over the place and other times we can barely get her to move.

I love these girls. They are my 'natural anti-depressant'. They help make our life more exciting (like we need that!)so I am sure we will have more stories to tell about the girls as time goes on. "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
The Girls!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jane,
    we love our Macy too:) And she really loves us! I'm sure Deacon will love the girls as he grows up too:)
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those canine kids!!

    ReplyDelete