Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bible Study




Last night was our first girls Bible study of the new year. We had not all been together since our Christmas party in December. I missed them all so much! Not that we don't have the opportunity to talk otherwise, it's just when we are together, I always feel like I have had a major ab workout afterwards because I have laughed so much. I am always encouraged by these girls and we all have so much fun together. We just started Shepherding A Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Since it was my birthday on Friday, Shauna made me a birthday cake for our snack. I am the only one who ever gets a birthday cake and Todd's Jessica said it is because I am 'special'. Not sure how to take that! It was last year at Todd's Jessica's that we celebrated my birthday and my prayer request was simply, 'For a lady named Leslie.' That was all I said and no one questioned anything. In the mean time, Adrianne called me to tell me she was expecting, and I was truly excited for her! The next Bible study was going to be at my house and I would have news of my own! I decided to wait until prayer request time, but I did leave clues out to make them wonder. I had a high chair out with a bib on it and some Parenting magazines out. Of course no one ever said anything. It came time for prayer requests and it was Amber's turn and she asked that we pray for her and Brandon because. . .you got it. . . they were going to have a baby!!!! This could not be more exciting! It was finally my turn and I started by saying: "Well, I asked you gals to pray for a lady named Leslie last time. . . (Todd's Jessica gasped and started crying) . . . I wanted to tell you that Leslie is the birthmother of OUR BABY !!" It was like nothing you have ever seen before. We were all crying, screaming, laughing, hugging. I get chills again just thinking about it. We took a picture that night of all of us that were 'expecting' : Jessica (due any day), Joni and Shauna(April), Amy (June), Adrianne and Amber (August)-and me, well I snuck in right after Jessica because my baby was schedualed for a c-section on April 3! Todd's Jessica took the picture that night but it was only 3 months before that she had had Lexi. And then there's Janelle-she asked us to send her the memo the next time we all decide to have babies at the same time. Her and Jeremy have a furry baby named Roxy and she said that's all she wants right now! I already miss you girls and can't wait until we can all be together again! I love you girls!

6 comments:

  1. Just looking at the picture makes me smile, if everyone knew about the crazy self-timer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that again, Jane! I got chills too :)

    That picture is too cute!

    Sarah (K)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle, what self timer??? I think you mean slightly delayed flash :)
    Jane, what happened to the other picture? inappropriate content??

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for not posting last nights hideous picture! (I'm hideous, not everyone else...) haha! Although we did spend 10 minutes trying to take it... Anyway, thanks Jane for the nice post - bible study is quite a blessing for me! I love you all!

    Jessica (N)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have ever really heard that story. What a fun group--you all have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jane...Bible study would be boring without you and your amazing camera! It's awesome to see how close God has brought our group together and I'm lookin forward to many more great memories and pictures. Love you all!

    Jessica (T)

    ReplyDelete