Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Howl-o-ween!

Every year, Michael and I have a Pumpkin Carving Contest. Visitors at our home are able to vote for their favorite pumpkin. Our first year, Michael surprised me and had a little trophy made for it. So he and I pass it back and forth as we each take our turns at winning! You still have a few hours to come out and vote!


Teenage Mutant Pumpkin Turtle and Surprisingly Scary (look very closely on the wall behind 'Boo')


Last year, Deacon was 'Flower' the skunk

I have never seen, nor, smelled a skunk so sweet!



This year I got to come up with not one, but two costumes! I decided on........


Deacon as a fireman and Finn as his little dalmation!
We LOVE these traditions and look forward to them every year!

6 comments:

  1. i vote for the turtle!

    your fireman and dalmation are darling. such cute ideas and traditions at your household. grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and so creative Jane!! You do a wonderful job at MAKING those costumes!! Love you and Michael's traditions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sarah. Thanks for pointing that out. Jane made both of the costumes (except for Deacon's hat).

    Great work, Honey! The boys and I are so blessed to have you.

    Better luck next year on your pumpkin!

    Love,
    Michael (7th annual RFPCC champion)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE BOYS LOOK SO CUTE, DEACON AND HIS SIDEKICK. LAST YEAR I LOVED DEACON AS THE SWEET LITTLE STINKER. JANE YOU DO SUCH GOOD JOB ON THERE COSTUMES. LOVE & GOD BLESS DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE JANE.I HOPE YOU KEEP ALL THE COSTUMES YOU HAVE MADE & WHEN THE BOYS GET OLDER THEY WILL APPRECIATE WHAT YOU DID FOR THEM. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & LOVE YOU ALL. MOM B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ALMOST FORGOT BUT IF I MUST SAY BOTH PUMPKINS WERE GOOD.I AM GUESSING THE TURTLE MIGHT HAVE BEEN YOURS? LOVE YOU, MOM

    ReplyDelete