Friday, October 16, 2009

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun!

For the past 5 years I have had a tradition of having a 'themed' sleepover for Michael's older girl cousins: Kayla, Alivia, Lauren, and Mari. I think they look forward to it and I KNOW I do-maybe sometimes more than them!


The first year was our Princess Party. Everyone came in their Princess gowns and we just had a 'ball'!







The second year, we had a Tea Party. I have a husband that would do anything for me, or anyone else for that matter and he made the girls feel pretty special by being my chauffeur and picking them up in our limo (the Volvo). He had the white gloves, glasses, and hat. Such a great sport! My niece McKaelon was in town so she was able to come to this party.










The third year we had a Sock Hop. I dug out my poodle skirt from middle school choir and off I was to pick up the girls. I surprised them and we went to Arnolds in Decatur. The whole restaurant was glued to the windows as they watched all of girls walk in in our poodle skirts!








The fourth year we had a Nancy Drew Mystery Party. The girls and I met Detective Malone at Pizza Hut so he could give us our special Mission. We had to find the Masked Armadillo because he was thought to have stolen Madame Fitzpatrick's pearls. After going on this wild goose chase and finally coming back to our house to talk about everything we had figured out, Detective Malone was here waiting for us. As we were discussing the case with him, the pearls fell out of his coat pocket! Case solved!





Detective Malone


Detective Malone's Sidekick, Little Malone




That brings us to this year. Tonight. But I will make you wait to find out about that until later. Though, if you find yourself eating at just the right restaurant in Bluffton tonight, I don't think you'll miss us! Hasta luego!

9 comments:

  1. GREAT PICTURES AND VERY FUNNY, MICHAEL THE CHAUFFER UUMMMM, LOOKS MORE LIKE VITO FROM THE MAFIA.I LOVED THE ONE OF DEACON, MALONE'S SIDEKICK.HAVE FUN TONITE. WILL MICHAEL & THE BOYS HAVE TO STAY IN THE BASEMENT. LOVE ALL, DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is most wonderful. What memories they will have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW looks like fun--can't wait to see what you do this year. Thanks for sharing. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, you are amazing! Soooo creative:) I can't wait to see your pictures from this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your fun, fun parties!
    They were 'da bomb'!
    Liv, Kayla, Lauren, and Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seriously made me laugh out loud, say "awww" about 20 times and even got tears in my eyes as I thought about it! That is SO incredibly special...Love you so much! Looking forward to one of your many traditions next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM SURE THE GIRLS HAD A BLAST! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE THEME FROM FRIDAY. LOVE YOU, MOM B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane...I can only imagine how special this is for Kayla, Alivia, Lauren, and Mari! It seems like from the princess party through to the Nancy Drew mystery party, you have made some little girls' dreams come true. Thanks for playing such an important part in their lives! Love you...mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is 11:16 p.m. on Monday night yet no Mondays with Michael post...whatever shall I do

    ReplyDelete