Monday, October 26, 2009

Costumes...and a confession

Monday's w/ Michael



Last night, we had our 5th Annual Costume Party. Here are the pictures of the couples:











Michael & Jane as Popeye & Olive Oyle





Clint & Amy as Popeye and Olive Oyle








Joel & Erin as Dean & Holly (Erin's parent's wedding)



Rachel & Nathan as the Pillsbury Doughgirl and an Oven Mit



Jessica & Nick as .... um.... Cowgirl and Ostrich jockey.



Jenna & Andy as Little Orphan Annie and Daddy Warbucks



Sarah & Klint as Raggedy Ann and Andy


As always, we played some games. Guys vs. Girls. The first game we played was Lighthouse Lookout (the larger version of Dutch Blitz). It was brutal. The final score after 2 rounds of Lighthouse: Ghouly Girls 51...Ghostly Guys 1! The guys would have to make up a lot of ground on the next 2 events. Next we sent everyone out on the good deed for the night. We went to homes to collect items for A Friends House and Dove Harbor. (To find ways you can help visit http://www.afriendshouse.net/ and http://www.doveharbor.org/.) The teams had 40 minutes to collect as many items as possible. The guys were assigned south of 100N and the girls were north of 100N. The guys staged a dramatic comeback, collecting 83 points to the girls 37. (We had previously assigned the items different point values. For example, a laundry basket was worth 5 points, a canned food was 1 point). This made the game extremely close heading into the last event: Encore. Again the guys gained ground, singing 12 songs to the girls 9. The final score:
The Ghouly Girls won by 1 point!!! Congratulations girls! We'll get you next year.
Jane had the house decorated perfectly for Halloween and had a deliciously spooky meal for us. Thanks again, Honey, for all the work you put into it. I know I had a great time and I'm sure everyone else did too.
Make it a great Monday!
Oh, yeah, I have a confession. On Saturday I had to run into Walmart to get a few items. While I was there, I picked up a few extra items: a laundry basket, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and lots of canned food. I conveniently left these items at my parents house. That was one of the first stops the guys made as we were gathering items for the collection. I didn't have 50 points worth of stuff, but I probably had over 20. But it still wasn't enough. I also saw Jenna and Amy at Walmart that day. I'm just glad they didn't look to closely at my cart!

6 comments:

  1. MICHAEL!!!!! Grrrr...I thought you boys were a little sketchy on the laundry basket details! Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky...and after Jane sent that heart-felt apology email last night. Shame on you...shame on all of you!!!

    ;)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH!!!!!!!!!! I'm with Sarah...Shame on you! I knew there was something fishy with the laundry basket...

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun and exciting evening at the Reinhards! I am sure that all of your friends appreciate so much this annual event! It sounds like it was another huge success. I have a suggestion for next year.... you might want to consider having your friends and all of their parents....you know...mix it up a bit; add some variety!! You might want to think about it ;) Have a great week! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael,

    Thanks for trying to help us guys out. We can't even win when we cheat! :) Better luck for us next year. Jane, great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I GUESS I'LL HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD TO MY PRAYER LIST, MY SON-IN-LAW TRYING TO CHEAT TO WIN A GAME. I LOVE YOUR PICTURES AND I'M GLAD YOU ALL HAD FUN. I HAD FUN WITH DEACON & FINN. PAM I DON'T THINK JOHN AND I WANT TO BE INVOLVED WITH A BUNCH OF CORRUPTIBLE GUYS. LOVE DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathan confessed this to me on the way home...I wondered if the truth would come out:) Thanks for your honesty, Michael! Oh, and Nathan also told me that you left a couple of your little papers at houses where no one was home! The nerve...
    Thanks for a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete