Monday, October 19, 2009

Guys want to have fun too!

Monday's w/ Michael

Jane's last post talked about parties she has done for my cousins: a princess party, a tea party, etc. Well, I decided that I wanted to have a guy's party. I wanted to do something rugged. I wanted to do something manly. I decided on Paintball!!!

On Saturday, eleven of us headed down to White River Paintball in Anderson. I haven't been to an actual paintball park in a long time. It was really nice. They have 8 different fields and we were able to play them all.


Our Fearless Group - Klint Fiechter, Clint Gerber, Calvin Isch, Greg Isch, Joel
Drayer, Seth Fiechter, Nick Fiechter, Andy Stoller, Joe Leman, & Shawn Leman

I'm happy to report that there were no serious injuries and everyone seemed to have a great time. Hopefully, I will be able to turn this into an annual event!

Speaking of annual events, Jane had her annual sleepover with my cousins on Friday night. I'm sure many of you picked up on their theme from Jane's previous post: a fiesta!


The Beautiful Senoritas - Kayla, Lauren, Mari, Alivia, Jane & Nina
The girls had a great time. Jane picked them up and they went to El Camino in Bluffton (yes, they were dressed like that in the restaurant). Then they came back to our house and made some pottery, wrote notes to girls in Magdalena, broke a pinata and watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua. We even found Manzana (an Apple flavored soda popular in Mexico) in Ft. Wayne. I think I enjoyed it more than Jane or the girls. It was always a highlight of our Spring-break mission trips to Juarez.
So to the guys on the paintball trip, thanks for coming, I really enjoyed it.
And to Jane, thanks for once again providing a wonderful evening for the girls.
Make it a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Michael....I am glad that you had such a bonding time with your buddies...hiding from each other, shooting each other, trying to out-smart each other...after raising 4 boys, you would think that I would understand the thrill of paintballing a little better, but I am such a mom! I am guessing that next year, you will have many more that want to come along for this thrilling event...maybe even some girls! Love you...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was lots of fun. I agree with your Mom what bonding time you had (hiding, shooting . . ). I am sure you enjoyed the travel time also. Looks like the girls had a great time too. I love the dogs outfit. Jane you never miss anything. Have a great week. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds fun! i have to know...where did you find the Manzana? i love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE GIRLS COSTUMES WERE GREAT! SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAD A FUN TIME.GLAD YOU ALL HAD FUN PAINTBALLING. LOVE YOU, MOM B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach, George's International Grocery on Broadway in Ft. Wayne! Lots of fun!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so much fun! What creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JANE YOU AND THE GIRLS LOOK GREAT AND I KNOW YOU ENJOYED THE TIME TOGETHER AS MUCH AS THEY DID. MICHAEL AND HIS MIGHTY GROUP OF DAREDEVILS, MY ??? IS JANE STILL WANT LET ME BUY DEACON A TOY GUN. OH WELL I'M GLAD THE GIRLS & GUYS ALL HAD FUN. LOVE DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete