Monday, November 2, 2009

National Adoption Month

Due to a virus on our home computer, this was not posted until Tuesday morning.
Monday's w/ Michael


November 2009 is National Adoption Month. Next Sunday, November 8th, is Orphan Sunday. Please visit http://www.orphansunday.com/


Here are 10 ways you can help:

1). Pray for them.

2). Speak up for them.

3). Provide for their needs.

4). Support those who support them.

5). Protect them from harm.

6). Visit them where they are.

7). Give sacrificially to them.

8). Encourage them to press on.

9). Adopt them into your family.

10). Mobilize your church for them.


On Sunday, Jane and I had the opportunity to hear the Children of the World Choir. There were approximately 15 young children from around the world who by God's mercy had made it to a Village of Hope. Now these kids travel across the country to help other kids just like them. They provided some startling statistics:

There are approximatelyh 2.2 billion children on this planet.

1 Billion of them live in extreme poverty.

6,000 children die every day from water related diseases.

$15 can provide enough water for 1 child for 20 years!
Every time we flush the toilet, we use as much water as the average person in Africa uses in an entire day! As of 7:37 on Tuesday morning, I have flushed the toilet twice, washed my hands twice, brushed my teeth, taken a shower, started a load of laundry in the wash machine for Jane and rinsed out my breakfast dishes. I've probably already used more water than a small African village!
These were good reminders to me. And I hope that they are good reminders to you too. But I also hope that this can be much more than just a reminder. I hope that this will inspire us to take action...to actually do something about these severe crises.
Make it a great Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. Great post, Michael!

    WOW, that is hard to even comprehend!!! Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST, I HOPE YOUR COMPUTER VIRUS GETS CLEARED UP SOON AND DIDN'T HARM YOUR COMPUTER. LOVE DAD B.

    ReplyDelete