Monday, November 30, 2009

Weird, Random Thoughts

Monday's w/ Michael

You know when you are almost asleep and your mind starts drifting and weird, random thoughts pop into your head and you have no idea where they come from? I've had a lot of those moments lately. As I'm feeding Finn in the middle of the night, trying not to fall asleep in the rocker, my mind comes up with some pretty interesting things. I've been trying to keep track of them. Here are actual thoughts that have entered my brain in the past few weeks and my best guess at an interpretation:

"The brown fur doesn't have bones. It gets its support from naps." - Hmmm...one of Bailey's puppies has brown fur. And I need a nap!

"Do you know the local paramedics?" "Yeah, I used to watch over them when I was in the front." - I think I intercepted a conversation between two angels. The paramedics watch over us, but who watches over the paramedics? Angels, obviously.

"Yeah, but with that face, she's got to be some type of perniacle scout." - "Perniacle"? Ok, not making sense is one thing, but when you start making up words, you know you are behind on your sleep!

"We'll work on that free throw after he wakes up in Pretty Mad County, ok?" - I think I was thinking about teaching Finn how to play basketball, but I'm not sure why he was in the county of "Pretty Mad".
I had originally typed this when Finn was just a couple weeks old. I had hoped to have many more weird thoughts, but now that he is sleeping through the night, I am thinking much more clearly.
Make it a great week!

3 comments:

  1. O no Michael...you have poco loco en el coco disease...I hope you make through it ok.
    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOEL; I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO WRITE, THANKS FOR EXPLAIN AWAY MICHAEL'S PROBLEM, I WAS GOING TO TALK WITH JANE IF SHE WAS TO EMBARRASS TO TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR I WOULD "NOW I WANT HAVE TO'. SON WE LOVE YOU ANYWAY' DAD B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this is funny! I wish I could write stuff down. Luke is always talking in his sleep and I always think that I will remember it in the morning, but no, never do, thus he thinks he really doesn't talk much:)

    ReplyDelete