Monday, November 16, 2009

"I would do anything for love"

Monday's w/ Michael

Jane has been wanting me to take her to a certain kind of restaurant to try a certain type of food for quite a while. I have always turned her down. But on Saturday, I surprised her and took her to:



So that we could try:





Here was our meal. The smaller white rolls are raw tuna. The larger green roll is an avacado/crab meat roll.



I'm reminded of the song by Meatloaf "I'd do anything for love". It ends with these lyrics.



"Anything for love,


Oh, I would do anything for love,


I would do anything for love,




But I won't do that." (Again).



Jane really enjoyed it. Me...not so much. The next time we go, I'll try the teriyaki.


The really sad part about all of this, was that there was a Rally's in the same parking lot. I could hear Big Buford calling my name!


Make it a great Monday!

10 comments:

  1. GREAT post, Michael!! Loved all the pictures! You are quite the sport (of course, so is my hubby).

    Glad you enjoyed the sushi, Jane!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael....Once you said that you hoped that you could be 1/2 the husband that dad is. Well, you have learned so many great lessons from your dad and are putting them into actions! I agree with Sarah that you are a real sport! Since this love thing goes both ways, I can't wait to see what Jane is going to do for you! I will care for the boys whenever she wants to take you to a Purdue, Yankee, or Colts game or just somewhere you have had a hankerin' to go. Love you guys!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my fave songs! :) Is this Sakura in Indy or Fort Wayne? If it's the one in Indy, tell Jane she has to try the soft shell crab roll when you take her back. It's phenomenal!

    BTW Michael - I appreciate what you are saying, but I promise sushi grows on you... give it another shot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, it was the one in Ft. Wayne. I don't think I'm going to give sushi the chance to grow on me.

    Mom,
    You did watch Deacon when Jane surprised me and took me to the Tin Caps game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a good man Michael, now I too have that song in my head!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post, and I must say - you are a good sport! God knew what he was doing when he put you two together. Jane and Nick just wouldn't have worked! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael...you are right...I also recall that Jane treated you to a Yankee's game, Cooperstown, and an Oldies game in Detroit. My offer is always open to keep the boys so that you two can keep on singin your song! God did do a very good thing when he put you together! Love you both a bunch! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha...too funny. What a sacrifice you make Michael. Here is another sacrifice you could make, take your little brother Joel to Rallys, a place where he has never been.
    With love from Purdue
    You know who.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post totally cracked me up. I could hear the song playing while reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SON; I THINK I WOULD HAVE HAD DRAW THE LINE WITH SUSHI, IF GOD WOULD WANTED US TO EAT RAW FOOD HE WOULDN'T GAVE US FIRE. IF YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR "WONDERFUL BIG BUFORD" I'LL HAVE TO TAKE YOU & DEACON TO GET ONE. LOVE DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete