Wednesday, June 10, 2009

God Made Everything

I know this isn't Monday, but I had an experience with Lucas tonight that I had to share! Jane was at Bible School song practice, so I put Lucas to bed. We read about Jonah. He asked me why God sent the whale to get Jonah. I said, "Well, what else would God send in the middle of the ocean?" Lucas replied, "Why not just send a new boat?" Ah, the simple faith of a child. Then he said, "But God can't make new boats anymore." "Why not?" I asked. "Because, we already make them." Ok, here is where it gets interesting. "But in one day, He made everything. He made the houses, the trees, the leaves, the butterflies, the windows, the curtains, the wood, the walls, the bed, the blankets, the pillows. All that stuff. (As he continues looking around the room) The clocks, the light, the pictures, the frames for the pictures, the fans, the new fans (not sure where he got that one, we only have 1 fan in his room), the coloring books, the markers, the crayons, the colored pencils, the pencils. All that stuff. The people, the dogs, the cats...." At that point, I interrupted him, "Ok, Lucas, time to say our prayers." If I didn't interrupt him, we'd probably still be up there. "The goats, Little Guy, Optimus Prime, Rosie...."
It has been a lot of fun having him around!


Lucas' 1st day of Bible School!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Funny story. Bible School is going fast--isn't it? Hope Lucus is loving it. julie :)

    ReplyDelete