Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another busy week

Ok-so this week has not been any less busy than the 2 weeks of Bible school. We were sad to see Lucas go home on Friday, but we hope that he will want to come again to Bible school again in the future.




I had the pleasure of getting together with some friends from high school. We had so much fun reminiscing and lots of good laughs. We may even be planning an 'official' reunion in the near future! Thanks Kay for having us in!




Well, you saw how Michael's Father's Day got started, but we just looked really hard to find the humor in it, and thought, "This is what we wanted. This is what we prayed for." Thank you Lord for your MANY blessings. Of course at the top of the list is my wonderful husband and Deacons's wonderful daddy. We love you, Michael.





Monday night, we had Harry and Lois in for dinner. We have been trying to do this for months, so we were excited when it finally worked out. We just love being with them and we always have so much fun together. Of course, we got in a game of Rook, and Lois and I won! I told Harry I have been waiting for this win since we were in Florida a year and a half ago. Thanks for the memories!






Remember going to this place when you were a kid?


Oubache! Well, I don't think I have been there since Middle school and I certainly remember it looking bigger than it actually is. My sister Marissa and I took her son Lucas, our niece McKaelon, and of course, Deacon. We had lots of fun (even though, if you know me, this wasn't AT ALL, my cup of tea {hot, sunny, no shade, swim-suit in public pool. . . .}) and I even went down the slide with Lucas!





Deacon, after a couple hours at the pool! He fell asleep right after we got in the car!

The kiddos came back to our house and stayed the night with us. Michael brought home pizza and we watched my new favorite movie, 'Hotel for Dogs'. If you haven't seen it, you MUST!




Here we are, about 30 hours until we leave for vacation, and I still have so much that I NEED to get done, and then there's things that I WANT to get done. I am really going to try and relax and just enjoy our time together as a family (isn't that what 'family vacations' are all about?) and focus on the present. We always have such a good time with the Yergler's playing games, watching people 'pay up' on their bets. We have been brainstormning for months on ideas for bets, which reminds me, I need to add the Harry Potter Jelly Bellies to my grocery list. . . :)
"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears. . . ."
This is what could happen if you lose a bet playing a game with the Yerglers-I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. great pictures , i can hear deacon saying mom the water want come out . have a safe vacation , hope you have loads of fun ,{please} watch out for deacon . love you all GOD BLESS . dad / grand pa b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVED this post, Jane. So many great pictures and stories - wonderful re-cap of your past week!

    Happy packing!

    Loveya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures-I love the new one at the top. Thanks for the update you have sure been busy this week. Hope you have a great trip--can't wait to hear about it. julie :) P.S. Does this mean there will be no Mondays with Michael?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS FOR HAVING LUCAS & MCKAELON IN AND THE GREAT PICTURES & STORIES THAT WENT ALONG WITH IT. LOOKS LIKE LITTLE DEACON GOT SOME SUN THE OTHER DAY. BE CAREFUL & HAVE FUN ON VACATION. WATCH OUT FOR DEER WHILE DRIVING FRIDAY NITE. LOVE YOU ALL, MOM B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No 'Monday's with Michael', of course not! It wouldn't be Monday without Michael! :) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I cannot wait to hear about the games/bets. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane...great post. I am excited for you guys to get down to Gatlinburg and for the amazing bets you have planned. So far, Chad and Abby ate a rotten egg flavored jelly bean and wet wipe flavored jelly bean. Ready for some more fun. However, Dad's actual quote while standing atop the balcony was, "Friends, Romans, Countryman, lend me your ears.
    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joel, Fixed! I knew I should have checked on that one-good thing you're always lookin' out for me! It won't be long. . . . :)

    ReplyDelete