Monday, June 8, 2009

Bible School & Lucas

Mondays with Michael


Today was the first day of Bible School! Let's remember to be prayerful for the 110 women who are giving up so much of their time over the next 2 weeks to teach these children about Christ. Let's also remember to be prayerful for the hundreds of students that the seeds that are planted today would take root and bring forth much fruit in the future.


One of those students is Jane's nephew, Lucas. He will be staying with us for the next 2 weeks. This morning, Jane made him special chocolate chip dinosaur pancakes.



Deacon even got to have one!


I'm not used to having a 6-year old around. Here are a few of the conversations that have taken place.


Jane: Do you want french fries with your Chicken McNuggets?
Lucas: Yeah, but I'll only eat 11 of them.
Michael: You'll only eat 11 of them?
Lucas: Well, if I'd eat 50,000 of them, I'd probably turn into a big pile of milk!



Lucas: Do you know what my favorite word is?
Michael: What's your favorite word?
Lucas: It's "trees". Because if you have trees and there are leaves and there is a cloud and Jesus blows into the cloud that's what makes the leaves fall. And then if you make a wish when the leaves are falling, it will come true. So that's why my favorite word is "trees".
Michael: Yeah, trees are nice.


After we came in from weeding the garden and feeding the goats, he said, "Wow, you guys are the best farmers!" Ok, Dad B, you can stop laughing now.


There have been numerous more funny conversations. I wish I would have wrote them down. Instead, I will tell you about a humorous incident we had a few hours ago.


I brought Little Guy out so Lucas could give him the bottle.


When it was time to put Little Guy back in the pasture with the rest of the goats, Lucas wanted to help me. He opened the barn door for me and we walked through where the ducks live to the goat pen. After we put Little Guy out, we turned to leave the barn. "Watch out for the duck poop," I warned him. For some reason I'll never understand, instead of walking on the side of the barn with no duck poop with me, Lucas headed right toward the messiest part. He took one step and WHOOSH! His feet went out from under him and he landed in the sloppiest, dirtiest, most disgusting pile of duck doo-doo you can imagine. He started crying instantly. Not because he was hurt, but because he was going to have to change his clothes. His shoes and the back of his legs and shorts were covered in black filth. But after a quick shower in our slightly less disgusting basement shower, we were all able to laugh about it!

6 comments:

  1. Those are such cute stories! It sounds like it will be fun for all of you to have Lucas stay with you. Jane, hope Bible School goes really well! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That made me laugh out loud! Can't wait to meet Lucas! He looks adorable!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! I BET he wasn't too happy!

    I asked him at Bible School what he did at your house last night and he said, "I pet their goat." That pic of him feeding Little Guy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. after i stopped laughing , i have to say that i'm the worlds best wtiter , i think GOD needs a laugh too . i think it will be good for all of you , lucas will have many good things to talk about his time down on the farm , and at bible school , LITTLE DEACON WILL BE SAD WHEN LUCAS HAS TO LEAVE . GOD BLESS YOU ALL , LOVE DAD / GRAND PA B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stories! sounds like you're having tons of fun with lucas:D (maybe God's preparing your hearts for a six year old boy. you never know!)
    sarah q

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS SO FUNNY...I WAS ALMOST CRYING ABOUT THE TREE STORY. THESE NEXT TWO WEEKS WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTON BY YOU & MICHAEL AND LUCAS. LITTLE DEACON WILL MISS LUCAS WHEN HE IS GONE. I HAD TO LAUGH JANE WHEN YOU SAID THAT DEACON JUST STARES AT HIM WONDERING WHO HE IS. HAVE FUN & KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. LOVE, MOM B

    ReplyDelete