Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From God's Arms. . . .

Where was I one year ago?


My heart was ". . .pounding with anxiousness. . ."


I was running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off, packing and cleaning, and packing some more. Not only did I have to pack for myself, and for Michael-but I also had to pack for a baby. A BABY! I was clueless! Thankfully, in the days before leaving I had great friends and family come through to help keep me sane (thanks Mom R., Ang, and Sarah!)


Now, one year later, things aren't much different. I'm still running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off, and I have plenty of people helping keep me sane, BUT. . .


. . .this time, it's a little bit different. And not something that I would have believed that I would be doing if you told me a year ago, that just one year later, we would be visiting the very same airport, (on the very same day that we left to go to Florida to pick up our son) to pick up his birthmother, Leslie, that we invited to come stay with us. (Breath.)


Wow! God is so GOOD!


I will leave you with the lyrics of a beautiful and very special song to us-


From God's Arms to my Arms to Yours

Written and sang by Michael McLean, from the birthmothers perspective

With so many wrong decisions in my past,

I'm not quite sure if I can ever hope to trust my judgement anymore.

But lately I've been thinking, 'cause it's all I've had to do.

And in my heart I feel that I should give this child to you.

(Chorus)

And maybe you can tell your baby,

when you love him so, that he's been loved before;

By someone who delivered your son From God's arms, to my arms, to yours.

If you choose to tell him, and if he wants to know,

How the one who gave him life could bear to let him go;

Just tell him there were sleepless nights;

I prayed and paced the floors And knew the only peace I'd find is if this child was yours. (Chorus)

Now I know that you don't have to do this,

But could you kiss him once for me

The first time that he ties his shoes, or falls and skins his knee?

And could you hold him twice as long when he makes his mistakes,

And tell him that he's not alone, sometimes that's all it takes.

I know how much he'll ache.

This may not be the answer for another girl like me;

But I'm not on a soapbox saying how we all should be.

I'm just trusting in my feelings and I'm trusting God above,

And I'm trusting you can give this baby Both his mothers' love.

(Chorus)

5 comments:

  1. JANE / MICHAEL , FRIST THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE NEW PICTURE OF DEACON , DEACON AN DADDY AN YOU ALSO HAVING FUN BIKE RIDING [ I CAN ALMOST HEAR DEACON SAY COME ON MOMMY / DADDY LETS RIDE ] , PLEASE BE CAREFUL ! JANE , YOU KNOW ME I HAD TO ADD THAT .... JANE / MICHAEL , YOU ARE BOTH A BLESSING TO ME AN I THANK GOD FOR YOU BOTH , PUTTING DEACON BEFORE YOU , SHOWS YOUR LOVE FOR YOUR SON , BUT ALSO SHOWS YOUR FAITH AN LOVE FOR GOD AND THAT HE'S IS IN CONTROL . MAY GOD BLESS YOU AN MICHAEL AN YOUR SON DEACON ! LOVE YOU ALL DAD B / GRAND PA B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I remember that emotional day a year ago. I will agree you were kind of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. :) However, I wouldn't call you 'clueless'. I couldn't BELIEVE how much you remembered to pack for little Deacon. I think you thought of everything!!!Wow! Such an exciting time, Jane & Michael!!

    I am so excited to meet Leslie!! You both are making a very unselfish decision, but I know how much you both love her. I hope you have an amazing weekend with her!!

    Happy Birthday, Deacon!!

    Love and Prayers,
    Sarah

    P.S. LOVE that new pic of Michael and Deacon - adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael and Jane
    We are praying for you both, Deacon, and Leslie. Haleigh even prayed for "Deacon's birthday" the other night. You have been on an amazing journey, God is awesome. You are both such wonderful parents. Have a great weekend!
    Tara R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. same here, Jane! I am really proud of you for doing this! That song is so neat--I'm guessing a lot of people don't really think of the whole adoption thing from the birth mom's perspective. I am also very excited to meet Leslie! Love you lots! And Happy Birthday to Deacon (tomorrow)! He is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane,

    It has been fun reminiscing with you this past week. I cannot believe he is ONE! As I already told you, I am praying for your whole family ~ including Leslie ;).
    Love you!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete