Saturday, February 7, 2009

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

Well, here we go.

Our first blog actually written together.
This should go over well. . . .

Well at least we had an AWESOME night last night on a date!

Michael: I got tickets to the Pacers game last night through Nesco, so I took the afternoon off and we headed down to Indy. Jane isn't a sports fan, so I had to bribe her to get her to go along with it. We spent a few hours shopping at Circle Centre and then got a bite to eat before the game.


Jane: We ate at Johnny Rockets. It's nothing fancy but the atmosphere is fun because it is like an old diner. You even have your own juke boxes at your table and the best thing about ours was that it was broken and we didn't have to pay the 5 cents to play our favorite oldies! I was turning out to be a cheap date!

Michael: After supper, we walked to Conseco Fieldhouse to watch the Pacers take on the Orlando Magic. Evidently, Jane looked pretty suspicious.






Jane: Well, afterall, I did have my purse stuffed with things to do (remember, this is Michael's dream date) like my book, letters to write, phone calls to make, and knitting supplies. Thankfully, I didn't need those things because God gave me a friend to visit with during the game. We didn't know who else would be there from Nesco, but then we were glad to see Mick and Brooke Gerber there!









Michael: Here are some pictures from the game. As you can tell, we had really good seats on the lower level.









Dwight Howard (#12) and the Magic shoot around before the game.







See the guy in the grey suit standing beside the scorer's table? That's one of the Magic's assistant coaches: the great Patrick Ewing!






The Pacers warm up.




The jump ball to start the game. (Sorry, it's a little fuzzy.)





Travis Diener brings the ball up the court for the Pacers.



Jarret Jack hits the three!


The final score. The Pacers win!
Every time there was a timeout or a break in the action, the Jumbo-tron would show fans in the crowd. A guy sitting a few rows in front of us would stand up waving his Pacers shirt in the air doing anything he could to get on TV. We were all hoping that they would finally put him on the big screen, just so he would sit down. Alas, it was not meant to be. He never got his 5 seconds of fame.


Jane: But I felt sorry for him. So when we got up to leave after the game was over, I said, "Sir, I'll take your picture." And he instantly lit up and held up his Pacers shirt and said, "Finally, someone who appreciates me." And I snapped the picture and said, "God loves you!"






Michael: So even though he wasn't seen by the thousands in Conseco last night, here is his chance to be seen by the world!

It was a fun experience and we look forward to our next date.

4 comments:

  1. Michael and Jane...this sounds like a very fun date:) Thanks for a very entertaining blog - I enjoy it a lot...
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael
    now that you posted.... you can sweep the house for your bride!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post!! Love the Michael/Jane combo and the recap. Glad you had fun.

    Jane, 1 thing: you brought your knitting stuff....????!!! You are hilarious!

    Love ya
    Sarah (K)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, No, that part was just a joke-I would have for sure been frisked for having 2 foot long needles in my purse! Besides, this was Michael's dream date, remember? Which included me actually getting into the game, asking questions just so he could answer them, etc. . . :) It was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete