Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The BIG "cut"

I kept putting it off, because, well, it was just another one of those milestones that is gone before you know it, and I had some CONTROL over this one!



Everytime I looked at the back of Deacon's head I felt like I was stuck somewhere in the past because he was growing a serious mullet!




So. . .


It was time.


We weren't sure how this would go-we were going into uncharted territory.




So we gave him a bath first, (because he loves his baths) and decided to try to sit him in the Bumbo and give him a toy to distract him. It worked because he didn't seem to mind.

SNIP!
OOps! (That's not something you want to hear when you're cutting hair!)


Look how long that is! We cut off over an inch!!


Don't say it! I know what you are thinking, "Well, the poor kid got rid of his mullet,
but now he looks like a little Amish boy!" but this was the first time-
I'll get better as I gain more experience:)



It was fun, and now that we have the FIRST time done, doing it again will not be as difficult!



My new little MAN! He looks older already, doesn't he?

7 comments:

  1. I understand! We waited a long time (probably TOO long) to cut Kaine's hair for the first time, too! It is kind of sad, huh? But Deacon does look cute! A little stud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. POOR LITTLE DEACON...YOUR RIGHT, HE LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE AMISH BOY. IT WILL TAKE PRACTICE! THANKS FOR THE $5.00. LOVE YOU, MOM/ DAD SAID NEXT TIME HE TAKES DEACON TO RICHARDS FOR BREAKFAST HE WILL HAVE TO GET HIM SOME STEAK & EGGS! LOVE YOU, DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, honey. I think his hair looks great! But now I'm torn. What do we do with his hair? The sentimental part of me wants to save it as a keepsake. But the "good deed" part of me thinks we should donate it to Locks-of-Love since we cut off so much! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Jane. It looks great. Maybe you should go into business!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jane...this first time is hard, but I promise...it keeps getting easier!! In fact, Kole thinks I cut Jackson's hair too much :)
    Love ya~
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, another of many "firsts". Great job...we can't wait to see him up close and personal! Love ya! Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Jane-o!

    He DOES look older!

    Like I told you on the phone, if you have to resort to the clippers, be sure to put on an attachment ;)

    Sarah K

    ReplyDelete