Monday, December 14, 2009

Routines

Monday's w/ Michael
Last week, I talked about traditions. Today, I will talk about routines. My routine when I leave work is to take 124 to 301 to 100N. I could take 124 to Thiele to 100N. It would get me home in the same amount of time with the same amount of miles, but for whatever reason, I choose to take 301. I do this everyday.
Today, my mom called me at work. She had something to take to my neighbors and asked if I could pick it up on my way home. I said that I would be happy to take it there. She wasn't asking me to go out of my way at all. All I had to do was take Thiele to 100N and then I would drive right past my parents house. I drive past my neighbor's house multiple times every day, so what she was asking me to do was not difficult at all.
I called Jane around 4:45 and told her that I was doing that for my mom on the way home. Well sometime between that phone call and 5:00, I totally forgot. I followed my routine and took 301. I didn't even think of it as I drove past my neighbor's house. I didn't think of it until I had pulled into my driveway. When I realized what I had done, I ran inside and told Jane. Deacon wanted to ride with me, so I loaded him up in the car and we ran down to my parents.
Sadly, the story doesn't end there.... We picked up the package from my parents and headed to my neighbors to drop it off. Somewhere in that 2.5 mile drive, I totally forgot. I didn't even think of it as I drove past my neighbor's house. I didn't think of it until I had pulled into my driveway. Deacon and I zipped right out of our driveway and down to my neighbor's where we safely delivered the package.
Fortunately, our 1/2 mile drive home was successful!
I hate getting old.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...this post really made me laugh! Thanks, Michael...

    Jessica (n)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SON, I THINK MAYBE YOU STILL HAVE A TOUCH OF POCO LOCO EN EL DISEASE, YOU SHOULD TALK WITH JOEL HE KNOWS ALOT ABOUT THE DISEASE. YOU KNOW IT MIGHT AS SIMPLE AS YOU WERE JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE YOU REMEMERED EVERYTHING YOUR WIFE TOLD YOU TO DO AFTER YOU GOT OFF WORK!OOOWELL YOU AND DEACON HAD A NICE DRIVE, AND HE'S TO YOUNG TO BE AFFECTED BY YOUR DISEASE. LOVE DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete