Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Date

Monday's w/ Michael
Another Christmas tradition we have is taking turns planning a date night around Christmas. This year it was Jane's turn. So Saturday night, we headed up to Ft. Wayne. I had no idea what we were doing (other than doing some shopping). We dropped the boys off at Lee & Julie's to spend the night so that we could take our time and wouldn't feel rushed.
Our first stop was Headwaters Park for some ice skating. A few years ago, Jane and I bought our own ice skates, but we haven't done it much since. Even though we are both very inexperienced skaters, we had a lot of fun and neither one of us fell!
From there we started walking. Near the beginning of our walk, I asked Jane if we were walking to a specific destination or if we were just walking to walk. She was very evasive and it took a few blocks before I realized where we were heading: Coney Island! This was very sweet and sacrificial of Jane. She's not much of a hot dog fan, but she knows how much I like my coney dogs!
After our delicious supper, we did some shopping. We went to a few stores, the mall and Target. We somehow managed to avoid Jo-Ann's (which once again proves she planned this date with me in mind!) After Target, we headed back to Bluffton and decided to stop in at Walmart to pick up some last minute items. We didn't get home until after 1:00. We haven't stayed out that since we've had Deacon, so it was a lot of fun. Thanks again, Dad & Mom, for watching the boys so that we could do this. And thanks, Honey, for planning such a fun night!
Make it a great week!

5 comments:

  1. WHAT? Coney Island!?! I can't believe it! I'm so proud of you, Jane! ;) lol.... Glad you both had a nice time! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Jess, to be honest, I was afraid she was going to take me out for sushi or something like that. I'm very proud of her too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Sounds like a blast.

    I cannot believe you skipped JoAnn's. I bet this was your best date night EVER, Michael!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GLAD YOU AND JANE HAD A FUN DATE, WE HAD FUN WITH THE BOYS, PIZZA PARTY AND DRIVING AROUND TO LOOK AT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, EVERYONE SHOULD GO TO ZANNEVILLE THERE LIGHTS AT THE METHODIST CHURCH IS WORTH THE DRIVE. MICHAEL I'M HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO "JOANNS". LOVE DAD/GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GLAD YOU BOTH HAD FUN SATURDAY NIGHT. WE ENJOYED WATCHING THE BOYS. IT WAS ALSO FUN HAVING LUCAS & LIAM TO ADD TO THE FUN OF IT ALL. DEACON IS SO CUTE SAYING WORDS LIKE HARLEY,THANK YOU & PAP PAW.WHEN WE PARKED IN ZANESVILLE TO WATCH THE LIGHTS DEACON HAD MORE FUN PLAYING WITH THE STEERING WHEEL. ONE OF THOSE CONEY DOGS FROM CONEY ISLAND SOUNDS GOOD NOW. I HAVEN'T HAD ONE IN YRS. LOVE YOU BOTH, MOM B

    ReplyDelete