Monday, August 31, 2009

More Farm Additions

Monday's w/ Michael


Well, since the last post about new arrivals on the farm, we have had many more.


This little doeling was born a couple weeks ago. Hopefully, we will be selling her soon. Let me know if you're interested. :)



I felt sorry for poor little Hiss. He was the only kitten on the farm and the other cats weren't really interested in playing with him. So I picked up this kitten last week. I wanted to name it Tori so that we would have Hiss & Tori (history), but Jane went with Butterball instead. I think it's appropriate. Butterball and Hiss get along great. Every night, they curl up on our back steps and sleep together.



On Thursday, Aug 27, Bailey had 13 puppies! Sadly, she lost one. But the other 12 seem to be doing great. Bailey is a great mother. There are 5 yellow pups, 6 black and 1 brown. They will be ready for their new homes in 6-8 weeks. Maybe this time Jane will let me keep one!
This weekend a few of my cousins brought their children over to see the goats, puppies, chicks and ducklings. If anyone wants to bring their kids over to Reinhard's Petting Zoo, let me know. We don't have tigers or zebras (yet), but it's free! :)
All of these additions have been very exciting, but I'm sure our next arrival will be much more exciting. But, I'll let Jane tell you more about that later on this week.
Make it a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I've been so consumed in Baby Reinhard that I haven't kept up on your farm additions! A baby goat? Didn't know. BAILEY HAD PUPPIES?!!! Didn't know. (Although I really did wonder when I saw her today).

    Thanks for the Animal Update, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story about the kittens! So precious. Even I felt sorry for Hiss when you said no one will play with him. (and I don't like cats, surprise, right?)But now - he has a friend to sleep snuggled up to?! Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. THEY ARE ALL SO CUTE ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE DOELING. I MUST SAY I LOVE THE LITTLE PUPPIES THOUGH.I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT A SIGN OUT FRONT THAT SAYS REINHARD'S ANIMAL FARM! YOU ARE RIGHT THE BEST IS YET TO COME. LOVE MOM B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELCOME TO THE REINHARDS ANIMAL FARM , MAKE THIS YOUR LAST STOP ! [ AND I DONT MEAN THE ANIMALS ]. DEACON WILL LOVE SHOWING HIS NEW BROTHER ALL THE ANIMALS . LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH DAD / GRANDPA B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come to your petting zoo sometime! Hope nothing gets sold before I get there!!
    Liv

    ReplyDelete