Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anniversary Trip # 6!

I know, I know-I have kept you on the edge of your seats for 2 weeks now! Things have been a little CrAzY around here! It was Michael's turn this year, and he took us to. . . . . .








St. Louis!



I have never been to Missouri before! We left a little after noon on Friday and headed towards the 'Gateway to the West'. Our hotel was on the river and just blocks from the Arch. It was a renovated hotel and was now very modernized.
Saturday we explored different parts of the city and went to a farmer's market called Soulard's. It was amazing! I decided if I lived in the city, that is where I would shop! We also went to a restaurant called 'The Creperie' for lunch. They had all kinds of crepes and they were huge. So Michael and I shared the Southwestern one, and it was delicious!



We enjoyed a dinner boat cruise down the Mississippi on the 'Becky Thatcher' Saturday night. We met some new friends from Alexandria, Indiana and dined with them on the cruise. It was a great experience!




On Sunday, we had our church on a bench on the walkway to the Arch. If you have been there, you know what I am talking about-it is beautiful, tree-lined (shaded), river to one side, a little pond to the other-I just loved it!




Monday morning we finally went up the Arch! I was a little unsure about this-if you have ever gone up the Arch, maybe you can relate. The combination of going underground, then getting in this little 'dryer-like capsule' ,


Us in 'the dryer'

with 4 other people and riding up this rickety (old) track only to get to the top and be in a small room the inclines and with only, maybe, 6 foot ceilings. I am feeling woozy typing about it.





But we could not go to St. Louis and not experience The Arch! So, I did it, lived through it, and I think once was enough:) We were excited to get home to our little Deacon. We sure missed him, and I think he missed us, but I know he had such a special fun time at Grandma and Grandpa Reinhard's! Thanks for taking such good care of him and about the brownie incident: You said when you caught him, he had eaten maybe half of it, but you never said if you took it away, or if you just let him keep eating. . . . . just wondering :) Oh, I almost forgot! We also indulged in Einstein's Bagels while we were there.




There was one in Union Station and that was really neat! We love Einstein's!! (My stomach is growling!) We had a wonderful trip and now it is my turn next year-where will the road take us. . . . . . . . . :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I love the idea that you take turns, makes for great memories! Love ya, Amber G

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT MADE MY STOMACH TURN ABOUT GOING UP THE ARCH, JANE, BUT YOU KNOW HOW I AM ABOUT RIDES ANYWAY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME. WHEN I WAS LITTLE WE WENT TO ST LOUIS BECAUSE GRANDPA'S RELATIVES LIVED AROUND THERE, JEFFERSON CITY, MO,BUT I DON'T REALLY REMEMBER MUCH. THAT CREPE WAS HUGE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHERE YOU PICK NEXT YEAR. HAVE FUN TONIGHT & CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT MICHAEL'S REACTION. LOVE YOU, MOM B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JANE/MICHAEL , GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN ST LOUIS , YOU HAD SOME GREAT PICTURE'S . FOR YOU MICHAEL " HOPPY HOPPY BRITHDAY" WEDNESDAY. HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE TIN CAPS GAME . LOVE DAD B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane Jane Jane....Of course I took the brownie away from Deacon (he was making such a mess with it...chocolate crumbs everywhere!) Seriously, we tried very hard to go by the rules and we loved our long weekend with him. He is such a great little guy and it is a pure joy to keep him! I am thrilled your weekend was so delightful! Give Michael a big birthday hug from me today:) Love you! Mom R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love st louis!! when the kids get older you will have to take them to the "city museum" we've been there twice and lucas was just asking to go again!!! praying for you as you wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete