Friday, May 1, 2009

Signs Summer is Coming. . . . .

#1. GARAGE SALES!!


I just love garage sales! That is how Deacon and I have been spending our Friday mornings. We drop Michael off at work, go garage saleing, grocery shop, and before we know it, it is time to pick Michael up for lunch! Well, today was the Neighborhood Garage Sales out in our part of Wells county, and I was driving down a country road in Amish Country and I go zipping by and here sits this CUTE, black, Chihuahua-looking dog right in the middle of the road. So I do what any real animal lover would do-I stop in my tracks, look behind me to make sure no one is coming, and whip it into Reverse and back up to see the dog. I open the door and he jumped right up into my lap-(ok, ok, maybe there was a little coaxing, but I could tell he was scared!) He did not have a collar and appeared to be lost so I HAD to help him. So I went to the nearest house and asked if it was their dog and they said that it was the 'Wiky's' dog and that they live a couple miles away and that the dog always lays in the road and that I should just ask if I can have it! So, I drive to the 'Wiky's' and am greeted by a lady with her children. Well, it was their dog, and I don't think they wanted to part with it. I was starting to get attached in those couple of miles that he sat on my lap as I drove. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be, and if I brought a dog home from garage saleing, that would probably be the last time I went garage saleing for awhile! Anyway, we had a garage sale at Mom and Dad Reinhard's last Saturday and will be at it again this Saturday. So come on out-we have something for everyone! Mom and Dad finally cleaned out their attic after almost 30 years, so there are definatly treasures to be found!

6 comments:

  1. Whew! I REALLY thought you were going to come home with that little guy. What a contradiction to our nice little conversation on the phone yesterday :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wickeys! As I recall, Grandpa Reinhard was good friends with an Amos Wickey. He would definitely have approved of your kindness towards animals, Jane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane,
    I finally figured out That I can comment if I use the laptop. Cute Story! I probably just would have honked for him to get off the road. I must just be an animal liker. :) You'll be blessed! Oh and Michael I too have light bulb moments! So I totally know what your talking about! Thanks for Mondays with Michael!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. deacon an I got wore out (garagesaling)with you a couble thursday's ago . we had fun thought. as far as the dog it's was best you found it's home . I remember when you were still at home , you called me at work to tell me how this dog just jumped in your car , and could you keep it , you said it was'nt that big , when I got home our dog (45 pounds ) could stand under it . I'm glad you found time write a new post . EL CAMINO REAL WAS GOOD TO NITE . LOVE , DAD B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me so excited for garage sales, too! That is definitely where we get the MAJORITY of our kids' wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, could this be a mothers day gift idea? ( hint hint michael)

    ReplyDelete