Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. Jane and I have so much to be thankful for. We are thankful for our mothers: Pam & Julie. We are thankful for our grandmothers: Irene, Mary Jane, Ellen & Gloria. We are thankful that Jane has the opportunity to be a mother. And Deacon and I are so thankful for her!


For most of us, yesterday was a fun day to be with family and express our love and appreciation to our mothers or to be pampered by our husband and children. For most of us, yesterday was a great day.


For some of us though, yesterday was a tough day, a bittersweet day at best. Some have lost their mothers. We pray for you. Some have lost a child. We pray for you. Some have lost a spouse (she's not there to spoil, he's not there to tell me how much he loves me and what a great job I'm doing with the kids). We pray for you. Some want so desperately to become a mother, but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened yet. We pray for you. Some have given their babies up for adoption. We pray for you.


Father, we pray for all of those who are hurting, for all who had a difficult day yesterday whatever the reason may be. Wrap Your loving arms around them. Fill them with comfort and peace. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Michael..It has been a privilege being your mom. There has been so much joy in being a mother, but with that comes quite a bit of guilt for the mistakes I have made (and continue to make)along the way. I am afraid that the pressure I put on you was way too much...for example, you don't see many 17 month old toddlers potty trained, but you were! I hope that you will always have a forgiving spirit for when I mess up. You have been a huge blessing, my firstborn, and I pray that you will always continue on in His will and work. Much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. MICHAEL, DAD & I ARE SO BLESSED THAT JANE HAS YOU AS A LOVING & CARING HUSBAND & THE BEST DADDY FOR LITTLE DEACON. I ENJOYED READING WHAT YOU WROTE ABOUT MOTHER'S DAY & IT IS SO TRUE WE NEED TO REMEMBER THE ONES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN HURTING FOR WHATEVER REASON ON SUCH A SPECIAL DAY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & KEEP THE BLOGS COMING. LOVE, MOM B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SON ; AND I'M PROUD TO CALL YOU THAT , I COULDN'T ADD ANY THING BETTER THAN WHAT YOUR MOM & MOTHER-IN-LAW SAID . LOVE YOUR MONDAY WRITING , YOU & JANE HAVE A GREAT BLOG ! LOVE DAD B.

    ReplyDelete