Monday, January 25, 2010

WWI

Monday's w/ Michael
WWI...no, not the first World War. I'm talking about Wells County Weigh In! I've joined a team of guys from Nesco in an effort to lose weight. Actually, our primary focus is the $1,000 prize to the team that loses the highest %. We had to weigh in on Thursday, so we spent all week stuffing ourselves. (Oddly enough, on Tuesday I drank a Pepsi before lunch, had a Double Cheeseburger value meal for lunch, drank a Mt. Dew after lunch, had pizza for supper and a candy bar before bed...and lost 3 pounds!) On Thursday, right before we left to weigh in, our boss called us into the conference room. He had bought us one of Tyeger's cookies. For those of you who have never seen one of Tyeger's cookies, it is a chocolate chip cookie the size of a large pizza! He told us that he wanted us to eat it all before weigh in. We were stuffed, but we managed to do it. And it worked! At weigh in, I came in at the highest weight of my life (it probably helped that I had bricks in my pockets...ok, I didn't really, but I thought about it). My goal now is to lose 20% of my weigh in weight. (Sadly, that puts me back to where I was when we got married 6 years ago!) Thursday night, Jane and I both got sick. If she hadn't gotten sick, I would have blamed it on the cookie, but since both of us were sick, I think it was either the flu or food poisoning. Whatever it was, it worked! I lost 9 pounds over the weekend! Well, 4 days down, only 3 months and 26 days left!
Make it a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Okay. To quote you, "drank a Pepsi before lunch, had a Double Cheeseburger value meal for lunch, drank a Mt. Dew after lunch, had pizza for supper and a candy bar before bed...and lost 3 pounds"

    3 pounds?! That's not even fair! Tell me your secret here!! ;)

    Keep the updates coming in WW1, Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work teammate....im already down 14 pounds.... and near death UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael...I so wanted to join WWI, but as a woman you just don't ask your friends to join you in losing weight without majorly offending them. And since I did not want to lose the love of my friends and family, I decided to forego the $1000 and go at it alone. It will be fun to at least compare notes with you! I wish you the best of luck. We are both going to feel so much better this summer! Hang in there and don't even think about how good an Arby's milkshake would be:). Love you.....mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. For all who may be wondering-this was HIS idea, not mine:) Snacking at night just isn't as fun by yourself! Love you, MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. MICHAEL; SORRY I MISSED YOUR BLOG, NOW I HAVE TO SAY THE FRIST THING THAT CAME TO MIND WAS "SANDBAGGING". SON I'LL BE CHEERING FOR YOU ANYWAY, MAYBE YOU IF YOU GUYS WIN IT WILL MAKE THE NEWS BANNER. GOOD LUCK LOVE DAD B.

    ReplyDelete