Monday, January 11, 2010

Sports Quotes, Volume 3

Monday's w/ Michael


And now for the conclusion of humorous sports quotes:


Elvin Hayes, 6'10" Washington Bullets forward, asked in a hotel lobby if he was a basketball player: "No, I clean giraffe ears."


Ron Meyer, Indianapolis Colts coach known for his malapropisms, shrugging off his bold decision to start rookie Jeff George at quarterback: "It isn't like I came down from Mount Sinai with the tabloids."


Jason Kidd, Dallas Maverick No. 1 draft pick, on the Mavs' prospects: "Now that I'm here, we'll turn the program around 360 degrees."


Tracy McGrady, Magic guard, after being fined $10,000 for kicking a ball into the stands twice during a game: "That's a lot of money. I'll have to get me another autograph-signing session to pay that."


Danny Ainge, Portland Trail Blazer guard, claiming that his reputation as a complainer is undeserved: "Actually, I'm not a complainer. I'm a whiner."


And now for my favorite sports quote:


Shaquille O'Neal: "The people who know me, they know what time it is. They know what the Diesel has come here to do. Period. P-U-R-E-U-D. Period."
Make it a great week!

3 comments:

  1. hilarious Michael...love that last quote:)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my .... the spelling has me shaking my head.

    thanks for sharing these funny quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Yogi Berra once said, "I never said most of the things I said". Or perhaps, "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true"

    Anyway, thanks for the smiles.
    ...Dad

    ReplyDelete