Friday, July 10, 2009

Country Kitchens, here we come!

Last night, some of us Yergler ladies had a Girl's night out. Steph planned it and we all had so much fun. We started out by dining at Red Lobster. All of our meals tasted so good!




Our next stop: Country Kitchens. If any of you have ever been there, you know this place is for only the serious bakers. Well, we figured we all qualified :) , and decided to give cake decorating a try.
Our instructor, who was very kind and always tried to give positive compliments, (no matter what) had us first practice the different techniques on a board.
She would always come around and look at what we had done when we were practicing.
This would always make me a little nervous. "What will she say about mine?", I thought. In her very kindness, she would sometimes say, "That actually looks good." When you put the 'actually' in there, it doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Finally, the time came when it was time to decorate our own cakes. Ahh!! I hadn't put any thought into it. I started once, and then scraped it off and decided to stick with what I felt like I knew. !We had a wonderful time-if you have not done anything like this, you should get some gals together and have some fun
Can you guess who decorated which cake?
They all turned our so beautiful. Can you guess which one of us has cake decorating in our future?. . . . . . . . .
HINT: Look at how Abby is presenting her cake. . . yep, she definatly has it!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! The cakes look great:) Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a FUN post! This looks like a blast! The cakes are beautiful!

    Jane, I'm having a hard time reading what your cake said. Can you fill me in?

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHMILY- See How Much I Love You. . . .:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME! I'M SURE WITH A LITTLE MORE PRACTICE JANE YOU COULD GO INTO BUSINESS. LOVE YOU, MOM B

    ReplyDelete
  5. HONEY THOSE'S CAKES LOOK GREAT , GOOD JOB TO ALL OF YOU . NOW ; CAN I MAKE AN ORDER , A WHITE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING , I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT NOW , ME AND DEACON WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IT . LOVE DAD/GRAND PA B.

    ReplyDelete