Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anniversary Trip # 2

Ahhhh. . . . . .

Michael's turn. But now I decided I do not like this anymore, because I do not like surprises and because of our terrible experience last year. Further evidence of my trust issues (still working on it).


The trip got off to a bit of a rough start because less than 30 minutes away from home, a wrong turn was taken, and someone (me) told someone (Michael) to just do a 'U-turn' at the light. Well, just our luck there was a cop right there and he pulled us over. Turns out you can only do a 'U-turn' if there is no sign there prohibitting it. We explained to him we were on our 2nd anniversary trip and with much mercy, he let us go! Phew!



We continued on North and West, and ended up at. . . . . .





THE WINDY CITY!!!


Oh, how I love the city!!! We stayed downtown just blocks in between the lake and Michigan Avenue, at a beautiful hotel called 'The Fitzpatrick'.


We even got robes!

We toured the different districts of the city via subway and even found this really amazing shop that made and sold dollhouses. It was a little girls dream!

Also while we were exploring (Michael is such a GREAT sport!), I had a little bit of a gift certificate left from Pier 1, and I found this great plant stand and decided I wanted it. I forgot that we were in the city, and would have to carry our 'great' purchase all the way through the hot subway, back to the hotel! Again, Michael is so great!!


We met a 'Lego' R2-D2 while out and about!

We had our first 'Giordano's Pizza' experience. It was SO good!!

We enjoyed our anniversary with dinner on Navy Pier, watching the fireworks over the lake, and riding the ferris wheel (how romantic!).


The whole trip was amazing and got me excited for my turn for our 3rd anniversary. . . . . .

5 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I loved Chicago when Nathan and I went. We also LOVED Giordano's! Yum:) And the Navy Pier picture was beautiful--I love the city at night. Sounds like a successful trip! By the way, why do you call it your 2nd anniversary trip? I might be cracking up, but haven't you guys been married MUCH longer than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving these posts! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rach-i started with our 1st anniversary in 2004 and am working my way up to what will be our 6th anniversary on aug. 3. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE EVER YOU GO HAVE FUN.... BUT YOU KNOW YOUR DAD , I WILL AD " PLEASE BE CAREFULL " LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH ; DAD B. & DEACON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be a great police! Ha ha!
    The doll store would be a lot of fun to go to sometime. We'll have to stop there on our next "Shriner's trip"! :)
    Liv

    ReplyDelete