Monday, January 31, 2011

Puppy Zone

Jane and I were in Knoxville last weekend. On Monday, we decided we would each get to pick something to do in Knoxville. Jane chose to go to this huge used book store. I have a feeling, it is unlike any other used bookstore you've been to. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures. I chose to go to a pet shop. I have a feeling, it is unlike any other pet shop you've been to. Fortunately, we took pleny of pictures.


The first thing you need to know about Puppy Zone is that they only sell puppies. The second thing you need to know about Puppy Zone is that their puppies are housed in cribs.


There were probably 20 cribs in the store. Each crib housed anywhere from 1-5 puppies depending on their size.


Jane was instantly drawn to this chocolate chihuahua pup.


I casually asked the clerk how much it cost. "Twelve ninety five." I never asked exactly where the decimal point was, but I'm pretty sure Jane was holding a puppy that cost more than my car!


Jane also fell in love with this Pug mix. (That's right...mix. He wasn't even pure Pug and he still cost $500!) She even named him.


If we were going to be getting another dog for indoors (and didn't mind taking out a small loan for a four-legged friend), I thought this Chihuahua-Pomeranian mix was adorable. He looked like a little stuffed animal.


I didn't even ask how much it cost, but I guarantee you can find an Amish near Berne selling the exact same breed for a fraction of the cost!


Personally, I was drawn to these two boys.


The sign on the crib said they were "American Retrievers". I'm familiar with a lot of dog breeds, but I had never heard of that one, so I asked what it was. Turns out, it's a cross between an American Pit Bull Terrier and a Labrador Retriever. And they only cost $499!


Well, if you are ever in Knoxville, stop by the Puppy Zone. Even if you don't buy anything, it's a lot of fun to play with all the pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment