Monday, November 15, 2010

Monkey Hugs

Deacon has a book called Peek-a-Zoo. It starts with "A growl, a snort, an ooo-ooo-ooo, let's play peek-a-boo at the zoo!" Then the next page has a picture of a lion with it's paws over it's eyes and at the top of the page it says "Peek-a-" and when you fold the paws down it says "Roar says the lion." Deacon has the book memorized, so whenever I fold down the paws/hooves/flippers/wings he will say "Howl says the wolf" or "Squawk says the macaw". I love hearing him do all the little animal sounds ("Ar-ar-ar says the sea lion" is my favorite) and trying to pronounce some of the longer animal names (like chimpanzee (which sounds like pin-chan-zee) or rhinoceros).

One day last week, I asked Deacon to give me a big bear hug. He came running up to me, gave me a hug and said "Growl says the polar bear". Jane and I both got a good laugh out of that. The next day, I asked Deacon for another bear hug. He did the same thing. And then he said, "How about a monkey hug? Ooo-ooo-ooo."

1 comment:

  1. Haha that is hilarious. I can hear him saying it now. I cant wait till my next bear hug. Nice to have you back on Mondays Michael!
    Joel

    ReplyDelete