Monday, March 15, 2010

Bracketology

Monday's w/ Michael
Well, yesterday started one of the most exciting weeks for sports fans. March Madness had officially arrived! Since I'm sure all of you are busy filling out multiple brackets, I'll give you a few of my pointers.
1). Don't pick a team to win if it has the word "State" in the name and it isn't really a state. It's ok to pick Michigan State or Ohio State, but Southwest Christian State has never won a game. So for this year's bracket, take West Virginia over Morgan State, Baylor over Sam Houston State, Kentucky over East Tennessee State (they're trying to trick you here, but East Tennessee isn't really a state), Vanderbilt over Murray State and Tennessee over San Diego State (ok, so I'm actually a little nervous about that one. Considering cities in California are probably larger than most states, maybe San Deigo State doesn't fall into this category).
2). Don't pick a team just because it has a cool mascot. Grizzlies are cool, but don't pick Montana to beat the New Mexico Lobos. (Lobo is Spanish for wolf, so not only is it a pretty cool predator, but it's also in a foreign language!)
3). Always pick against the team you want to win. I know most of you disagree with me on this one, but if you pick the team you want to win and they lose, then you are really down. But if you pick the other team, then no matter who wins, you can be happy. That's why I'm picking Siena to beat Purdue in the first round. Yes, that's right folks, you heard it hear first.
4). On the flip side, never pick the team you don't want to win. You should never root for your enemy. Ever. That's why I'm not picking IU to win a single game this tournament!
Hope this helps as you fill out your bracket. Oh, and if you happen to use my logic and fill out a perfect bracket and win the $1,000,000 from Yahoo...don't forget about me.
Make it a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Michael...I appreciate all the pointers...now I can fill out my brackets with a little more confidence:)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete